Why Upgrade to OPENRTOS?
OPENRTOS® and the FreeRTOS kernel share the same code base. The additional value offered by OPENRTOS is as a ‘commercial and legal wrapper’ for FreeRTOS kernel users.
Developers upgrade to an OPENRTOS license for two main reasons -
- To overcome any company policy restrictions on use of open source software;
- To access additional services, such as professional grade support, training, consultancy and tools.
Why Consider Commercial Licensing?
There are several reasons why developers may find the FreeRTOS modified GPL licence restrictive.
- Companies may have a blanket ban on using open source software within their projects;
- They might require IP indemnification.
- They may require warranty.
WITTENSTEIN high integrity systems delivers OPENRTOS configured for a specific compiler and processor combination, and ensures customers receive fully working code, with a working demonstration application, and the reassurance of professional support.