OPENRTOS® has minimal ROM, RAM and processing overhead, typically the binary image will be in the region of 4K to 9K bytes. OPENRTOS is also very simple to use with the core of the RTOS kernel being contained in only 3 C source files.
Click here to access free datasheets for OPENRTOS.
The OPENRTOS real time operating system has the following characteristics:
- Pre-emptive scheduling option
- Co-operative scheduling option
- Any number of tasks can be created – system RAM constraints are the limiting factor.
- Each task is assigned a priority – any number of priorities can be used.
- Any number of tasks can share the same priority – allowing for maximum application design flexibility.
- Supports time sliced round robin scheduling for tasks of equal priority.
- Queues can be used to send data between tasks, and to send data between tasks and interrupt service routines.
- Binary semaphores and counting semaphores make use of the queue primitive – ensuring code size is kept to a minimum.
- Tasks can block for a fixed period.
- Tasks can block to wait for a specified time.
- Tasks can block with a specified timeout period to wait for events.
- Task Notifications.
- Ultra-Low Power Mode.
- Mutexes with priority inheritance.
- Recursive mutexes
- Run time statistics.
- Very efficient software timers
Typical ROM Requirements 4-9kB.
Typical RAM Requirements 250 bytes.
Typical Stack Requirements 400 bytes/task.
Free Demos & Manuals
Download fully functional, time-limited OPENRTOS demos, plus manuals, datasheets, and more.