The plugin SAFECheckpoints from WITTENSTEIN high integrity systems provides a sophisticated task monitoring capability, ensuring the scheduling of tasks is occurring as intended.
The checkpoint mechanism allows the user to specify timing tolerances for critical sections of code; this can be used to ensure that:
- Periodic tasks run within tolerances.
- Sections of processing within tasks complete.
- Interrupt event to handler task processing completes with allowable tolerances.
- Complex functionality involving multiple tasks completes within allowable tolerances.
Individual checkpoints can specify their own callback function or the system error hook can be activated.
- Single shot and Periodic checkpoints can be created.
- Periodic checkpoints can operate in fixed or relative timing modes.
All Safety Plugins from WITTENSTEIN high integrity systems are supplied with a full Design Assurance Pack and are developed to the same high standard as SAFERTOS, the IEC 61508 pre-certified Real Time Operating System.