High Performance File Systems
The CONNECT File System is compact and highly reliable embedded FAT16/FAT32 file system that has been specifically designed for embedded applications requiring data storage to media such as SD/MMC, USB and Flash drives.
- Compact & full featured embedded File System
- Supports RAM, NAND, NOR, SD, MMC and USB Mass storage devices
- Microsoft DOS/Windows compatible FAT16/32 file system
- FLASH Translation Layer providing, Wear Leveling, Bad Block Management, ECC and Garbage Collection
- Multiple logical volumes and storage devices
- Full C source code supplied
- Optimized for use with FreeRTOS, OPENRTOS and SAFERTOS
- Delivers high levels of data throughput, whilst utilizing minimum system resources
- Long file names
- Easily integrated with virtually any FLASH or physical media device.
File System Architecture
The CONNECT File System architecture (shown above) is designed in a modular fashion that allows it to support multiple different storage I/O devices, and has been optimised for tight integration with FreeRTOS, OPENRTOS or SAFERTOS.
FAT16/FAT32 File System
The File System layer implements the FAT16/FAT32 protocol. This layer translates the file operations to block I/O requests and forwards it to the corresponding Storage I/O Device driver. This layer also manages dynamic attachment/removal of storage devices.
File System API
The File System API layer provides two interfaces to the applications. One is a POSIX interface that provides standard file API functions such as fopen(), fread(), fwrite() and fclose() etc., The second is a Native interface that provides non-standard API for operations like directory management and file system management.
Storage Media Driver
The Storage Media Driver is a hardware dependent driver for the file system software stack. It provides low level I/O functions allowing the rest of file system to access the storage devices for accessing NAND/NOR/SD/MMC and RAM Disk devices.
Additionally the File System can be used with our USB Host and Mass Storage Class to support most kinds of USB devices.