SAFERTOS is a safe, high performance Real Time Operating System (RTOS) for embedded processors, available pre-certified by TÜV SÜD to IEC 61508 and ISO 26262.
SAFERTOS is used internationally in safety critical applications. See below for a list of industries and certification standards supported.
|Sector||Standards Supported by SAFERTOS|
|Industrial||UL 1998, IEC 61508|
|Transportation/ Rail||CENELEC EN 50128, IEC 61508|
|Medical||FDA 510(k), IEC 62304, IEC 60601, ISO 14971|
|Nuclear||IEC 61513, IEC 62138, ASME NQA-1 2008|
|Automotive||ISO 26262, IEC 61508|
Free demos are available for SAFERTOS. Download them here.
SAFERTOS has been designed specifically for the safety sector, and deterministic priority based scheduling is the primary Safety Requirement.
To ensure this SAFERTOS has been independently certified many times on numerous platforms, for many different applications, to IEC61508-3 SIL3, the highest possible SIL level for a software only component.
- Developed by WHIS, a safety systems company
- Based on the FreeRTOS functional model
- Available pre-certified to IEC 61508-3 SIL 3 by TÜV SÜD
- Part of the WITTENSTEIN group, established in 1948
SAFERTOS is tailored to your specific processor/compiler combination, and delivered with full source code and our Design Assurance Pack (DAP) .
The DAP gives you complete transparency over the full Design Life Cycle, and illustrates the exceptional high quality of our RTOS product. The DAP ensures:
- No retesting on target hardware is required
- Easy installation and integration into your development environment
- Reduced development costs and improved time to market
- Smooth path to certifying SAFERTOS within an application
A Safety Systems Company
As WITTENSTEIN high integrity systems are first and foremost a Safety Systems Company, we can offer that all important extra service:
- Safety Critical design review services
- Consultancy on the safety certification process
- SAFERTOS training including safety related requirements