CONNECT USB Device
CONNECT USB Device is a high-speed USB device software component specifically designed for embedded systems. It allows developers to integrate USB device functionality easily into their embedded products creating features such as pen-drives, virtual serial ports, joysticks or audio systems.
- Compact & full featured embedded USB Device software stack
- Supports Mass Storage, HID, Bulk, CDC and Audio class drivers
- Supports OHCI and EHCI controller standards
- Transfer types Control, Bulk, Interrupt and Isochronous
- Compliant with USB 1.1 and 2.0
- Low-speed 1.5 Mb/s, full-speed 12Mb/s and high-speed 480 Mb/s
- Optimised for use with OPENRTOS and SAFERTOS
- Delivers high levels of data throughput, whilst utilising minimum system resources
- Flexible registration of individual devices to allow easy creation of composite devices
USB Device Architecture
The USB Device Architecture design (shown above), conforms to the USB v1.1 and USB v2.0 specifications, and is optimised for tight integration with OPENRTOS or SAFERTOS. Its modular design allows easy adaptation to different USB device controllers.
Applications can access the USB Device directly by using the USB device-programming interface, or by the APIs exposed by class drivers.
USB device supports a wide range of Class Drivers, the most commonly requested being Mass Storage, HID, Bulk, CDC and Audio.
USB Device Core
The USB Device Core layer processes the standard USB requests during enumeration and controls packet reception and transmission.
It provides the framework for both USB Device Classes, and Device Controller Drivers including the data transfer functions for control, bulk, interrupt and isochronous endpoints.
USB Device Controller Driver
The Device Controller Driver communicates with the Controller hardware to transfer data across the USB bus. CONNECT USB Device provides drivers for full-speed OHCI and the high-speed EHCI standard interfaces.