Role: Embedded Software Engineer
Are you ready to become an RTOS pioneer? Would you like to work at the cutting edge of Embedded Technology for a leader in the Embedded Safety and Security market? Well, we could make your career dreams come true!
We are looking for the very best engineers to join our RTOS and Safety teams at WITTENSTEIN high integrity systems. You will be working as part of our team of experts, advancing our product portfolio including OPENRTOS and SAFERTOS, and will also be required to provide technical support to our customers, ranging from small dynamic start-ups to some of the world’s most prestigious global technology companies.
The role will be based in our Bristol office, but will involve some international travel.
Personal qualities are very important to us. We are looking for an Embedded Software Engineer who can:
- Use their initiative and work independently or in a small team;
- Take responsibility for delivering specific tasks & projects;
- Understand the needs of our customers;
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills;
- Reply clearly and accurately to all levels of international customers’ support requests;
- Strive to achieve the highest possible quality;
- Show integrity (it’s not just our products that are high integrity, but our personnel as well);
- Work at our Bristol office in the UK.
Minimum Education standard:
- Degree in an Engineering/Science/Maths subject
The ideal candidate must have demonstrable experience and expertise in:
- Real Time Operating Systems, ideally in FreeRTOS, OPENRTOS, SAFERTOS and/or Linux;
- C and assembler;
- Embedded Systems Design.
Highly desirable additional skills and experience are:
- Safety Software Development IEC 61508, DO 178B/C, FDA 510(k) submissions;
- Embedded security;
- ARM, MIPS and Power Architectures;
- Networking and Wifi.
How to apply:
In the first instance, please send us an email detailing in no more than 250 words why engineers should consider using an embedded RTOS in their next project. Attach the latest version of your CV to the email and send to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will try to respond to all valid emails, but this may not be possible.